INTR aspires to develop cutting-edge technologies that integrate transportation, 5G/6G communications and networking, artificial intelligence, and data science for operations and management of multi-modal transportation systems. The key aim is to enhance the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of mobility for both people and goods.
To build a platform for nurturing intelligent transportation scholars and talents through cross-disciplinary education and training.To produce new, innovative scholarship and state-of-the-art research on safer, greener and smarter transportation systems.
Cross-Disciplinary Focus Areas
- Big data for transportation and mobility
- Shared mobility, mobility as a service (MaaS)
- Connected and autonomous vehicles (CAV)
- Integrated sensing, communications and computing for transportation
- Operation and management of urban rail transit systems
- Safety and efficiency of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV)
- Green aviation technologies
- Automated port operations and shipping logistics
- Transportation Electrification